Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy 21st Birthday Dilly!


On February 15th my stepson Dillon turned 21. I'm so proud of him and need to share something that I've always found so amazing about Dillon. He has so many special qualities. One of the main things that I admire and hope to one day conquer in my life..is his incredible fearlessness. Dillon never lets an obstacle stand in his way...if he wants to achieve something, he goes after it!

When Dillon was younger he played sports- football, baseball, basketball and he wrestled. He was relentless. He would do whatever it took to get better. What I didn't realize was that intensity was applied to every area, goal and dream in his life. We had never considered Dillon a musical kid. But he had plans that we weren't aware of and when Dillon puts his mind to something there is no stopping him until he achieves his goal. In a short period of time he taught himself to play the guitar and practiced singing. He took singing lessons at church and worked and worked until he was good enough to lead worship for the church youth group and eventually the main Saturday night service.

He has wanted to be a Pastor ever since he graduated high school and now after faithfully serving the youth groups at church, he was just officially given the position as assistant Jr. High Pastor/Pastor in training.

He is an incredible example of faithfulness and perseverance. Dillon never lets an obstacle get in the way of the calling he has on his life. I know that the Lord will continue to use and lead him into new and exciting chapters in his life. I am so proud of the man he's become and to be given the opportunity to be his step-mom.

I love you Dillon...Happy 21st Birthday!!

No comments: