Monday, February 8, 2010

Trip To A Hockey Game

My parents were here until Sunday & my dad (really my step-dad, but he raised me), loves hockey. My sister got us tickets to the L.A. Kings vs. Detroit Red Wings game. My dad was actually in the Red Wings farm program when he was younger, growing up in Michigan. He also was on the semi-pro hockey team (a Goalie) when we lived in Reno, NV..."The Reno Aces."

I held my camera phone in the row behind us to sneak a pic & then sent it to my dad saying, "True Red Wings fan!"

My hubby took this pic w/his phone when we were all moving around~my mom, dad & me.

We spent our younger years at the rink. My brother John also played hockey & I took figure skating lessons.

I still can do some jumps & spins. I surprised my husband, kids & myself when we went skating one time.

Look how young the kids were! (Missing Natascha)


Getting ready to spin my stepson!

The game was really fun. We had great seats & the Red Wings pulled out to an early 3-0 lead. We were so happy & thought, "Ya they got this!" Three points in hockey is a lot. We were glad that my dad was going to get to see his team win. Then the Kings scored and then two more in a row, one off the Red Wing goalies error.

We couldn't believe it... they tied it up.

Two minutes left & the Kings scored what ended up being the winning goal.

I felt so bad for him!

He had attended the Mighty Ducks vs. the Red Wings game earlier in the week with my sister & they lost that one too!

Oh well...it's just a game right? I guess I was just hoping that with all my dads been through with his chemo & stuff, that the Red Wings had to win because he never gets to see them play.

I told him that he's going to have to keep getting better so he can go see them play in Michigan and visit his sisters.

My parents left on Sunday but we had a great time & I'm hoping that we'll be able to go up to Utah in the summer to visit them, depending on the boys football pre-season schedule...fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I've never been to a hockey game before, or even ice skated. I know, I'm culturally deprived. Maybe one day I'll get a chance to do one of them...and hopefully without breaking my hips or legs! :-) lol

Glad you enjoyed your parents' visit. I love it when my family visits. Thanks for following my blog. I'm following you too!

Kimmy said...

We're a hockey family also!!!! We're fans of the San Jose Sharks. We have the mini-season passes and are always going to the games.
The Sharks just played the Red Wings and for some reason, they can not beat them if their life depended on it! lol
What a great sport! I even took my camera and big lens to get tons of fight pics!! LOL
Glad you all had a great time though!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm glad you came down the Pond!