Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stuff & More Stuff...

Thursday the Freshman football team played the J.V. team...kind of a pre-season, getting you ready for the real thing. Elijah did great, he made some key plays on defense (outside linebacker) and even had to cover Adam (who was playing wide receiver for the J.V. team). The freshman actually won...hopefully it's a good sign heading into the season.

On Saturday we're helping our friends move-in to their new place...it's supposed to be in the 90's...whew I'm sweating already. Isn't moving the worst?

Speaking of moving, we are still trying to save our house. It's a joke really, we asked for a loan modification, which they gave us for 3 months to see if we could make the lower payments, which we did. Then they sent the final modification...hahahaha...JOKE! They raised our payment an additional $700.00 (WHAT? We asked for a reduction, not an increase!) Then they said we had to come up with another $10,000.00 AND they raised our current home loan amount an additional $100,000.00 OVER the current market value!!!! Of course we called and said, "Is this a joke...you must have made a mistake?" Their answer, "NO, take it or leave it." So we have one more final thing to try...I will be contacting the CEO of Wells Fargo Bank again (he's the one who stepped in last time and told the loan dept. to help us.)

I'm to the point that I just think, "Do we own the home or does the home own us?" It's always been my dream to own but it's been a nightmare trying to keep it and still feed the family. I'm just going to have complete faith. If we can't save our home, then the Lord has something better for our lives down the road. It'll be time to move on to a new chapter in our lives...the key is to have FAITH!

Now on to the rest of my weekend plans, Sunday~we have church in the morning and then a free day. Maybe I'll finally unpack my suitcase (still sitting in my room from my Utah trip). I'm the worst! Anthony keeps telling me, "C'mon, will you unpack that thing already? I trip over it everyday." Me, "I will, but you know it's there, how can you keep tripping on it? Just walk around it." Him, "Uh, because it's not supposed to be there!" Me, "OH RELAX...it's not that big a deal!"

As you can see I'm a total procrastinator and I always say that I'm going to get better, but some things are harder than others like uh...UNPACKING!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

9 comments:

April said...

How cool about Lijey's football team beating j.v! Sounds like he did great! We went to a high school football game last night just for fun, and it was fun! Too bad we didn't live closer so we could watch Elijah instead!:( I'm sorry about the house thing. I can't believe what they are doing! What a joke! I hope that you get a hold of that CEO again and that he can help you. You deserve it! Love you!

Sassy Chica said...

Way to go FRESHMAN!!

Good luck with the move today, helping out a friend is so kind of you! 90degrees, it is currently 57degrees in Chicago, we were robbed of a summer this year!! Today's high is 64...

Keep the faith about your home, sometimes we have to "Let Go and Let God". Sending you good vibes that all works itself out for the best!

Smooches,
Sassy chica

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Happy SITS Sharefest Saturday! I love your blog header picture! I love that you so obviously know how to take a picture, but are using the flash when that is so a no no! Great photos photog! P.S. I'm doing a giveaway - come enter!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out with your house.

Steph said...

You're such a good friend! Hope you aren't too sore!

...stopping by from SITS...

Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

~Trish~ said...

I'm so excited that it is football season and I cannot wait to see your pictures!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

How sad! I hope you get your house!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are able to work something out with your home...you are not near the fires are you?? If you are, I hope you get out safely (not sure where Orange County is in relation to the fires).

Take care and hope you had a great weekend!!!

LoriAnn said...

Once again, I am not sure why my post above came up as anonymous!!! LOL!!!