Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote!

I just got home from voting a little while ago...with all the speculation and talk about long lines, I had my game face on ready to be patient. I lucked out, either I beat the crowds (I was there around 4:45pm) or everyone sent their ballot's in. I had only two people in front of me, one of them was a young kid, probably just turned 18. It was kind of cool to see someone so young taking an interest...I know I didn't at that age.

My sister's son registered (just turned 18 in October) because she is very involved (politically). She will have no part of a child in her house who is old enough to vote...stand by and let their vote be wasted!LOL! That's the one area that she definitely puts her foot down with her kids. I need to find out how that experience went for him. He didn't really want to, but I'm sure that she briefed him on everything since she reads and re-reads everything to make sure that no one is trying to trick her with the verbage! He will be one VERY informed 18 year old when he walks in to cast his vote, whether he likes it or not.

I hope everyone took advantage of their right and privilege to vote. We are so lucky to live in the USA, please be sure to take the time to do your part...our ancestors fought and died for this right. They gave us the gift of having the freedom to choose who will lead our country. Your vote counts!

No comments: