Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family Fun Holiday


What a great trip we had! It was amazing getting to be with my family during the holidays. We hung out, teased and made fun of each other, just like when we were growing up. We went down to Thanksgiving Point and drove through the Christmas lights display. My dad and a bunch of the kids sat in the back of the pick up truck with blankets in 18 degree weather! I couldn't take that kind of cold so me and Anthony squeezed into the cab...no we are not babies, just Californians!

We all went to the movies and saw Valkyrie . My sisters took me shopping (did I tell you that I HATE to shop) they said it would be a short trip...it was only 5 hours!LOL! My dad and all of the older boys went snowboarding. I love to snowboard but Anthony was sick and I didn't want to leave him at home alone, so I stayed home with him. I got bored so I suggested that we go to see the new Brad Pitt movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, we went to see the matinee since it's almost three hours long. I LOVED THIS MOVIE! It touched on all the emotions...definitely must see!

The last couple of nights, we went out to dinner, had an anniversary getaway and then it was time to go. We decided to break up the drive and stayed the night in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.

We finally got home yesterday, exhausted and needing to rest from all the fun. Then today it was back to the normal schedule...two basketball games for Elijah, Jullien and Dillon. Tomorrow it's back to work, why does vacation only happen once a year...I need to win the lottery...I'm ready for another one!!

Dad Shoveling the Day We Arrived

The Siblings...missing Stacy (couldn't make it) and John

Girls with Dad

The Cousins

Icicle Tree



Tyler's Cabin

Elijah & Josh

April & Tyler

Amy & Ava

Snowball Fight

Scenic Drive Home

8 comments:

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Nice blog. You have a beautiful family.

~Trish~ said...

LOVE the pix of you and hubby, how adorable!!! That tree is amazing, did that just naturally form like that?? Glad your home safely!!

Nana said...

What great pics. Sounds like a fun vacation. I live in Utah so I know about the cold. It's always nice to see family.

April said...

Cute pics! We had so much fun with you guys! Let's start planning the next vacation!!!

Unknown said...

Love all the Pics! Thanks for sending then to me! I wish we all could have stayed longer. love you

Tara Bennett said...

Glad you enjoyed your time in Utah. I sure love it here!

That 1st pic of you and your hubs is so posh! What a hot couple you make!

WheresMyAngels said...

Those pictures are so good. Glad you had a great time. That tree is so beautiful. I'm in awe of it.

Shalee- Be Speechless said...

WOW that tree is amazing!
I miss my family in Utah! :D