Monday, May 11, 2009

Off To New York

I wish I could say I'm traveling...but my 17 year old son gets to go see New York before I do! I'm jealous...I'm old and never go anywhere, LOL!

Jullien received an exclusive offer to walk for either Prada or Calvin Klein in Milan in June. Now this is what I learned (not having any clue how the whole industry thing works). He received an "option," this means that they like his look in the pics they've seen of him, but he needs to meet with them to try on their clothes (see if they fit his body type), see his walk (this should be interesting since he has no clue what to do), and see if they like his personality (that's the easy part...he has a great sense of humor and he's very friendly).

He also received an offer to shoot with the #1 men's Fashion magazine, Numero Homme, this Saturday in New York. We are waiting for the final confirmation. In the meantime, we booked a flight for him to fly out this Friday and return next Wednesday. He's REALLY nervous! He's never really gone anywhere on his own and now he has to fly, switch planes both ways, and stay alone in New York!

Oh yeah, he also was able to meet with celebrity photographer, Cliff Watts on Mother's Day. He took about seven pictures of him and told him he was very photogenic and natural in front of the camera. He also gave him a really good talk about the industry and what to be aware of.

I have to admit, when I sent his pictures in to try and get him a few jobs to make some extra money, I had no idea that it would move so quickly.

I hope everyone had a GREAT Mother's Day!

P.S. Stop by and leave a message about Jullien at Models.com. The more comments he receives the more offers he may get!

1 comment:

~Trish~ said...

That is insane but so exciting!! Can't wait to follow this and see how it all turns out!!!