Monday, June 21, 2010

Her Goal Was To Walk


So many times in my life, I have felt sorry for myself if things aren't going my way. You all know what I'm talking about, the little pity parties we all sink into at one time or another.

On Thursday, at Dillon's graduation, I received a much needed slap upside my head, or you can call it an eye opener. A tear jerking, lump in the throat moment that screamed out..."What do you have to complain about?"

Back on December 29, 2007, I posted about my son's friend Natalie Buchoz, who went on a Christmas vacation ski trip. On the day of the accident I wrote on my Minti parenting site asking for prayers. Here was the post:

My sons very good friend Natalie (15) was just in a very serious ski accident. This was her second time skiing, she was going full speed and could not stop. She headed into the dip where the ski lift poles are and was launched approximately 25 ft. in the air. She landed on her back and was unable to feel her legs. She was flown to the hospital where she is currently undergoing a 4 hour surgery. I would like to ask everyone to pray for her. Her sister will be calling my son when she gets out of surgery. Thank you for your prayers.


Two and a half years later, this strong, courageous, willful, young girl set a goal to walk up & get her High School Diploma. I'm happy to say that I was there to witness & take pictures of this AMAZING accomplishment.

Throughout her intense daily therapy & workouts, she pushed through the pain using her "NATTITUDE!" This was a description given to Natalie by all those who have watched her sheer determination to beat all the odds and walk, with her, "Never quit, Life is what YOU make it", Nattitude.

Here's a quote from her CaringBridge Website "Everyone wants happiness nobody wants pain, but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain."

NOW FOR THE TEAR JERKER...NATALIE DISPLAYING HER NATTITUDE!"

This young girl is an inspiration to all of us!

CONGRATULATIONS NATALIE BUCHOZ...YOU'RE "NATTITUDE" IS INSPIRING!!!!!

7 comments:

islandgirl4ever2 said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing this very inspirational story about Natalie which really moved me to tears... She is a true inspiration to us all... God bless her!

Anonymous said...

Nattitude indeed! That was a very inspiring !

Rand T said...

awwwwwwwwwww thats really inspiring!
x

Lucy said...

An absolutely great post. That girl has an iron determination.

Unknown said...

What an inspiration!

April said...

Wow! That is so neat!! What an inspiration she is!! I'm glad you captured that moment!!

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Wow, you just have all kinds of tear-jerker posts on here today. LOL! What an amazing girl! I'm so excited for her. She is going to have an awesome life because she is going to MAKE IT AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥