Friday, July 6, 2012

Herb Ritts, Getty Center, Melrose...

Cindy Crawford by Herb Ritts
I have most of my family here visiting from Utah. We have been busy, busy, busy. Yesterday we took a trip down to LA and I had tons of places planned to go but we ended up spending most of the day at The Getty Center. The gardens there are amazing and it was my lucky day...they have a Herb Ritts photography gallery showing right now!

It encouraged me SO much to keep taking pictures even though I may not have the best camera or lens. I feel I have a good eye, steady hand and I'm able to get some pretty good shots.

They had Herb Ritts' very first camera on display. Once he made it big and was able to afford the best of the best he said he still liked to use his original camera. He never wanted to spend too much time with equipment but focus on the view in front of him. Love that!! That's exactly how I feel. I'm not one to edit my photo's very much either. I like to remember the shots as they truly are. I want to see the truth of the moment.
 We ended our day at Melrose of course and I had to stop by my fav Vintage store-Crossroads Trading Co. I found another pair of True Religion jeans for $25.00 and a cute Brio! purse. I never fail to find the best deals there.

So as summer is in full swing...I'm enjoying my family and finding fun and exciting things to do and see. Hope your all enjoying you're summer too!



No comments: