Saturday, October 12, 2013

Jullien Herrera-CHAOS Magazine Video

When I sent my son off to New York the day after he graduated high school at 17, I thought it'd be a fun and exciting life experience. He's traveled the world, Paris, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and London, to name a few. He's been in major Fashion Shows, shot with the world's top photographers, appeared in hundreds of magazines and also several videos. It's been a whirlwind with ups and downs that go along with any career. But I'm so glad he's been able to see and do so many things that I never have.

The one thing I didn't expect when I put him on that plane was that he'd LIVE there for years (4+ years and counting.) I guess I assumed it'd be for a couple of years, then he'd come back home and head into another career. But he's made a life for himself over there. He's now studying to get his real estate license and eventually go into commercial real estate along with his modeling (men are able to continue finding modeling work well into their 30's, unlike most women.)

Here's some new magazine pics:
Jullien is wearing the had and sunglasses (far left)




Here's his latest video preview for an upcoming CHAOS MAGAZINE issue:

So it looks like my son will be staying. It's hard to be so far away (Southern California) and only see him once or twice a year. But I know as parents our greatest hope is to see our kids succeed and more importantly to be happy in their profession. I'm proud of him, but as a mother, my heart misses him so much.

1 comment:

~Trish~ said...

4 years??? I can remember when this opportunity came about and how excited you were for him!! He's done amazing!