Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11


Every day on my Facebook and Instagram sites I post a "THANKFUL TRAIN" message. I do this to make sure I think of at least one thing I'm thankful for each day reminding me of the Blessings in my life. Some days are definitely harder than others and let's face it...the Anniversary of 9/11 made today extra difficult. So here's what I came up with:

Every 9/11 the memories of shock, horror, sadness and disbelief spring forth. Everyone remembers exactly where they were and what they were doing all those years ago. It's etched into every fiber of our being...the day our safety and freedom was attacked. 

Out of the ashes of tragedy a great rise of love, hope and restoration emerged. The Heart of America, the people, "One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All" poured out over the sorrow. We truly were *One* Nation under *GOD*, meeting the needs  of people however we were able.

Today, 14 years later, it seems that although the memory is embedded, our wonderful Country has seen a great divide. Our Nation is moving backwards as GOD is being pushed out of the Heart of America. 

Today I'm thankful for the memory of the *response* to this great tragedy in our history. The Love was incredible. The hearts of everyone United in the face of evil. I pray for our Great Nation, that we will get back to the *Heart* of what's truly important and remember...
"For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."~Luke 1:37

Jump on today's "THANKFUL TRAIN"...what are you thankful for?

No comments: