Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day-A Little Different

I had a very different Valentines day this year...we stayed home and watched movies. We decided that we would wait till after payday (when I say decided, that's a nice way of saying~we have no money). We both agreed that restaurant's on Valentine's Day is too crowded and over priced. So next weekend we will celebrate our Valentine's Day.

It was actually kind of nice to just lay around. We watched a triple feature...action~Death Race, romance~Nights in Rodanthe and then a war romance~Closing the Ring. My husband let me have 2 romance movies in one night... NOW THAT'S LOVE! Death Race was pretty gory...but I like action and it was definitely full of that. Nights in Rodanthe wasn't as good as I had hoped. But I was pleasantly surprised with "Closing the Ring," I had never heard of it but it was actually really good.

I'd have to say my day was pretty good and I still have my real Valentines Day coming next weekend. Next year you guys should try it. You actually get a longer BETTER Valentine's Day. A girl can definitely use more romance...especially after being married for 9 years.

Hope you all had a great, romantic day!

8 comments:

Tyler said...

Hey...good idea to celebrate it a week later! It'll definitely be way less crowded. We ended up going to Olive Garden (a 1 1/2 hour wait), but ran some errands to pass the time. We took all the kids too! It actually turned out pretty good! Have fun next weekend!

April said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me!

Vodka Mom said...

Why can't it be every day???? Over from SITS!!!

L said...

Hello, here from SITS. Lovely blog.

Unknown said...

I don't blame you for waiting. It is such a joke to try to get into a resteraunt to eat. It's crazy loud and busy too!

jmt said...

Hi, I'm popping over from SITS roll call. :) We went out for Vday dinner, but we used a gift card we received at xmas. All the meal was free. We don't do expensive meals...just a hometown mexican restaurant. Then I dragged him into a craft store so I could take advantage of the last day of the scrapbooking sale. LOL He was such a trooper. THAT was also free stuff...another gift card. I hope you're having a good Pres day, even if you don't have it off!

The Blonde Duck said...

We can all use more romance!

AndreaLeigh said...

we actually went out on friday to avoid the crowds.

i'm just stopping by from sits. happy monday!