Monday, September 28, 2009

Race For the Cure/Homecoming

We won the Varsity Football game and because it was such a HUGE match up, we were on the front page of the Orange County Register...YAY Chargers!

Homecoming was on Saturday and Elijah got to attend his first High School dance. Of course I had to annoy everyone with my endless pictures. Adam and Elijah wouldn't stop making their stupid faces. Then my husband stepped up to put the clamp on them.




Anthony threatened them (via the choke hold) and finally got some good pics





Then it was off for more pictures with all of the friends in front of the Hummer Limo (a.k.a. Pimp Mobile...LOL!)



These boys have known each other since they were 5 years old!

These were "friends"...but I think Elijah & the girl in the yellow like each other!


They had a good time, that's all they would tell me about the night...I'll need to do some snooping but I couldn't get any other info...I'll need to question their friends, they always give me details.

On Sunday my boss, Marsha, Marsha's sister & Eva and I all walked in the 5K Orange County Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure. I walked in honor of my friend Joanne Phillips who has been fighting breast cancer for 10 years. Stop by her Caring Bridge Website and read her amazing story.


The ladies in pink are the one's who are fighting breast cancer.

What an awesome experience...to see so many people stepping up to try and make a difference. If you want to do something like this in your area, click on the link above. Oh yeah, and don't worry, you don't have to be in great shape, we just walked at a medium pace. Most of us know someone personally who is fighting this and we CAN make a difference.

4 comments:

April said...

Oh...how cute are those pictures of Lijey and Adam! I love that they get along so well and go and do things together! They are both getting so big! That's awesome that you did the Susan G. Komen race. We had one up here a few months ago. My friend invited me to do it with her. I wasn't able to but her and a bunch of other girls dressed up like Pink Pirates, since they got a bunch of donations! I'm glad you did it...what a neat experience!
P.S. My blog is updated!

Unknown said...

What a great weekend! Congrats for participating in the cure walk...it's so inspiring to take part in those and I always feel grateful for my blessings.

Anonymous said...

great shots! x

StacyB said...

My Lij is growing up too fast...so handsome as are all of my nephews. And good for you doing the walk. I would have done it with you, but I didn't know about it.