Monday, June 9, 2008

An Attempt Is Everything

The title of this Blog really grabbed my attention when I read it in a book. Think about it...AN ATTEMPT IS EVERYTHING! How many times do we sit and ponder the things we would like to accomplish...writing a book, taking a computer class, photography course, starting a non-profit organization, volunteering at a womens shelter or group home, going back to school to earn a degree.

I look back and realize how many things I avoided ATTEMPTING, due to fear of failure. Dreams, hopes, goals...all pushed aside because of that small but powerful four letter word...FEAR. I find myself now, dreaming again, trying to find ways to fulfill my deepest inner passions that have been safely tucked away...sleeping...hiding...running, the desire I felt at 21, still cries out at 41! It will not die...screaming, crying, whispering, prodding, pushing...my future is waiting for me.

Don't waste years of your life gripped by fear, it will be with you forever...but eventually your undeveloped gifts and talents will become so overpowering, ripping through the dark protective barrier...years of hiding will no longer satisfy you...your entire being will constantly shout from deep within, "Go and become what you were meant to be...AN ATTEMPT IS EVERYTHING!"

SOAR ABOVE YOUR FEAR


COME OUT OF YOUR SHELL


ONE STEP AT A TIME


CLIMB YOUR MOUNTAIN


BATTLE YOUR WAVE


AN ATTEMPT IS EVERYTHING


FOLLOW THE PATH

FINISH YOUR DREAM!!

5 comments:

~Trish~ said...

Amen sista!!! Great words followed by incredible photographs! Well done!!

Anonymous said...

And the best part of conquering your fear is the reward you feel inside. Thanks for the words of inspiration.

Ivy said...

That`s lovely and especially love the sunset at the end

Simply Stork said...

those are wonderful photographs...I love the footprint one...those are always so hard to get the right light :o)

~simply~

~Michelle~ said...

Thanks for the comment. I really enjoyed visiting your blog...this post especially!