I was scrambling around when I got home from work, packing, checking my list, looking for the passport, finding the suitcases, packing the snacks, you know...all of the crazy excitement that comes with going on vacation. Ohhhh...the Bahamas, vacation in paradise...snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, and going down the super slide at the Atlantis Hotel. Relaxing under the palm trees, tropical breeze, hammock swaying as you drink your ice cold fruity beverage and read your favorite novel...without a care in the world.
Oops sorry, I was getting a little carried away for a minute...but this is my 13 YEAR OLD SONS VACATION!! Yes, you can tell that I am sooooo jealous! My son just left last night for my dream vacation. I know what your thinking and yes, I am excited for him, BUT....I want to go!
Elijah (my son) has a friend whose dad is pretty wealthy and every year they take him on an all expense paid vacation wherever they happen to be going. Why didn't I ever have friends like that growing up!?! I come from a family of 7 kids, so we never really went anywhere for vacation. Now, here I am with a family of six kids in the same boat. I have become very creative though...here's how it works for all of you STUCK at home.
DREAM VACATION RECIPE
1. Make yourself a big, tall, slushy, ice cold, tropical drink...slice the pineapple and stick it on the rim of your cup. You will need this first to sip on as you complete the rest of the recipe (refill often as needed)
2. Take out some bread, turkey, ham, roast beef, salami, cheese, tomato's, lettuce, pickles and your favorite sandwich spread. Put it all together and set it next to your drink.
3. Go to the fridge, pull out strawberries, grapes, apples, oranges, mango's, papaya's, pineapple, cantaloupe, and watermelon. Cut and slice as needed, put into one bowl.
4. This is the most important part of the recipe...cut a HUGE piece of chocolate cake (if you don't have cake then grab your box of Bon Bon's, Godiva chocolate bar, or brownies) JUST MAKE SURE IT'S REALLY SWEET and CHOCOLATEY ! For those of you allergic to chocolate (poor things) substitute with whatever your weakness is...remember, this is YOUR vacation, you can work it off when you get back.
5. This part of the recipe can be a little tricky...put all of your items on a tray and head over to your computer. CAREFULLY place all of the items around your desk...a spill or mishap can ruin your whole vacation so BE CAREFUL.
6. Go IMMEDIATELY to your room throw on your most comfortable lounging around shorts, tank top, loose fitting dress...whatever you wear to relax in. Grab the fan in your room and quickly return to your desk.
7. Turn on your fan, sit down, grab your drink, take a big sip (remember, no gulping...it's your vacation), turn on your computer, go to your Blog page. Once you've arrived, click Next Blog at the top of your screen.
8. While your computer is thinking, take a bite of your sandwich, and grab a piece of fruit. The fan should now be supplying a perfect, light, relaxing breeze.
9. When the first picture appears, scroll down, there will be more. If you happen to arrive at an undesirable vacation spot, or heaven forbid a work site...simple jump to another destination by hitting "Next Blog" at the top of the screen. Often times you will not be able to read about the spot you have arrived at due to a language barrier...DO NOT get frustrated...you're on vacation for the scenery, relaxation and beauty. Be sure to continually enjoy the feast before you (no worrying about calories remember...V A C A T I O N).
10. You have now arrived at your DREAM VACATION...the Bahamas, Tahiti, Costa Rica, Brazil, Australia, Italy, Paris, Switzerland...remember your trip will not be complete until you bite into your sweet, smooth, rich, heavenly CHOCOLATE!! Yes...now you've arrived...and what an amazing place to be. RELAX, EAT and ENJOY!!