Monday, October 6, 2008

SURE

One of the owner's of the company I work for loves to play a game with my boss. Whenever he asks, "Lisa can you do me a favor?" He likes me to say, "SURE!" Then he looks at my boss, "See Marsh, that's how you're supposed to answer!" So it's this on going little game that just cracks him up and Marsha plays along and acts disgusted. This goes on at least once a day...sometimes more.

I got to thinking about that simple, one word answer...S U R E. Why would that one little word make him so happy? I thought about how often we are put in difficult situations, forced to get a new job, move to a new home or step outside of our comfort zone, what if you always responded with...SURE. No second guessing, worrying, doubting...just SURE! What if you knew that you HAD to say SURE! Do you think you would face your fears and conquer them? Would you climb that mountain, chase that dream, overcome that pain from the past, trust God's plan and purpose for your life?

Think about it, a small word but packed with a lot of power. This is a word that the dictionary describes as:

Sure: (1) confident in what one thinks or knows (2) having a certain prospect or confident anticipation of (3) certain to do something (4) true beyond any doubt

When you are faced with a difficult situation, try saying this strong word...S U R E! Once you say it, you somehow feel more optimistic, positive, and confident. Can you do it? S URE you can!!!

"And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
Matthew 21:22

5 comments:

~Trish~ said...

That's too funny, I usually say 'of course, whatever you say' LOL

April said...

Good advice Lis! Thanks!

Aunt Julie said...

Awesome advice! Hey, thanks so much for coming by yesterday and participating in my SITS Featured Blogger Day in the Sun! And I hope the Packers get better soon. Don't wanna say I'm going totally over to the Jets ('cause of Brett, of course!), but I'm headed there, you betcha!

WheresMyAngels said...

What a wonderful way to think!

Mom said...

When Kira was diagnosed and the doctor said we needed to do surgery to fix the problem - my only thought was "Of course".

I later had people commend me for agreeing to the surgery even though it was difficult for me (and her) to go through this.

Honestly, though, it never occurred to me that there was any other option. I was certain that the doctor would have told me if there had been other options. I was "sure" that following his advice was the best route. And as for refusing the surgery, how in the world could I do that knowing what discomfort and pain it would cause her.

You are right that going forward with the right attitude and the certainty that whatever you are doing, you will adjust.