Thursday, February 10, 2011

No More Waiting...Please

Trip to Lake Tahoe-stopped at abandoned house to take pics

Waiting for answers has to be one of the most torturous things! I thought I was getting better at it, until today. I hide things! I stuff my emotions down so deep that sometimes I don't really even know that I'm stressed or anxious. But my body knows and reacts in a very unfavorable way...forcing me to run to the bathroom with bad stomach cramps...I yigh yigh, and other unmentionables.

While waiting for my incident to pass, I got the call from my hubby that I'd been waiting for all morning.

He went into work thinking they were going to tell him early in the morning if he got the job that he went through two grueling interviews for. By noon I called and said, "WELL?" He was stressed too, but said they'd tell him at 2:45 p.m.

More waiting.....

More torture....

His friend (who interviewed for the position also) was going in at 2:30 to find out. My mind immediately went to, "Oh no, if Tom's first, he might've gotten it." Unfortunately that comment snuck out while I was on the phone with my hubby. Which of course didn't make him very happy, "Thanks a lot...it's not like I wasn't already stressed enough! I gotta go!" and he hung up on me. Oops...me and my big mouth. Sometimes things just slip out and I think, "Did I really just say that out loud?"

So it's not bad enough that I was starting to wig out, I made my hubby even more nervous, nice wife!

The phone call finally came as I sat in the bathroom, I picked it up with a tentative, "Well?"

He said, "What do you think?

Very softly, with a questioning voice, I said "Yes?????"

"YES! I GOT THE JOB!!!"
he shouted back.

I'm so excited and if I ever have to wait an entire day again, it'll be too soon! No more waiting...PLEASE!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

For some reason I never notice the comments on my blog. I just read one from you dated 2.5 years ago when my brother died. Thank you for your comment and God bless you in the loss of your brother.

Unknown said...

Aw...congratulations! Sorry you had to wait so long, I would have gone crazy!

martienn said...

woow ! nice blog ; )

if u want follow me and write comment ;*

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Congratulations for the great news!

Anonymous said...

I'm soooooo happy Lis and Anthony, and SO PROUD! Waiting is the ABSOLUTE WORST; and Wheez, one more thing you get from your Mommy---a bad stomach during stressful situations! You can only imagine how many times I bolt from my desk during the week. (I try to warn my co-workers, in advance, when I'm extra stressed so they don't think I'm hiding just so I don't have to do my job---hee!) Yep, I am even a bigger stress case now than when I was younger! One more thing for you to look forward too----sorry! But, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Mommy

bravegrrl said...

yay!!!!!!!!!! congrats to both of you!