Monday, February 21, 2011

Young Daisy's Battle


Daisy is a young girl who has been in a very serious battle. Not the battles that most of us go through, (excessive worry, bad days, struggle with finances, family or relationship problems)...but a battle of incredible magnitude.

I'm not making light of things that we all go through, because at the time, they are difficult...I KNOW...I've had my fair share and we all fall into the trap of letting our problems consume and control us. Almost to the point of making us quit, give up or grow bitter, angry and resentful.

Daisy's battle has been for her life. Her battle is with Wilms Tumor, a cancerous tumor of the kidneys. Daisy's example really puts my struggles into perspective. Sometimes I think we all need a little dose of this. Life, a gift from the Lord...so precious, something we all take for granted, until we see our loved ones battling for it.

Tonight Daisy's dad put up a post for his daughter. I saw it pop up on my blog roll and was so touched by what he wrote. Tomorrow is a BIG day for Daisy...please read the short amazing sentence & picture of beautiful Daisy here: 'PRAY FOR DAISY'.

Don't forget to say a prayer for Daisy tonight!

3 comments:

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hi Lisa..

This is tragic.. I will definitely pray for this sweet girl.. I feel so sad and have pain in my hurt for these precious angels, who have been dealt a sour hand from so early in life..
My friend's grandson, who was only 16 months old, just passed away from complications from his 4th heart surgery... It's just sooo incredibly heartbreaking..
Here is Travis' blog- his parents started it back when Nicole was pregnant was Travis and first learned that he had a serious heart condition called HLHS or Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Little Travis was born with only half a heart.. Sooo sad..
here's the link to their blog- http://dicarlofamilyupdates.blogspot.com/
Please keep the entire family in your thoughts and prayers..
Thank you,
Leesa

Lucy said...

That is so sad and has to be quite serious. I surely will pray for her.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

I join my wishes and prayers for her.