Saturday, October 22, 2011

What Are the Odds?

I hadn't seen my dad and step-mom in a couple of years. They live in Reno, NV and aren't able to come down here to California very often. And unfortunately with our busy schedules, we're not able to go visit them. That's when I came up with a brilliant idea. My dad, LOVES football, so I told him he should come down and see Elijah play this year. He agreed!

Before Homecoming dance-Elijah w/Grandpa & Grandma Lemich 

We planned the date, (made sure it would be during one of our 'tough' games) and had it all set up for 3 weeks from the date of our phone call. In the meantime, I scheduled my outpatient laporascopy surgery, thinking I'd be fine once they got here. But as you saw from my last post...what are the odds that I'd have complications?
Grandpa Mike & Elijah in front of his poster-done before the game by the cheerleaders
 Grandma Rolene & Elijah
 My oldest son Josh & Charmaine
 So, the day they got here, my pains started & I was back in the hospital for the ENTIRE time they were here. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO thankful that they were here to take care of my family. They were able to see my son's game, take pictures of him before homecoming, and spend time with all of them...BUT, C'MON, REALLY? I didn't get to hang out with them & visit or anything, (yes, that was said in a very whiny voice-poor me!lol!) .
Rolene & my sister Stacy-Family BBQ-w/o me!:(
My stepson Adam with Grandma & Grandpa Lemich
 
The baby boys all grown up!
 
Guess I'll just have to use that as leverage to get them down here again...even though my dad is a nervous wreck in all this traffic.
But really, 'What are the odds?'

No comments: