Thursday, April 26, 2012

Adam's 18!


Today is Adam's 18th Birthday! He's an official man, which he made sure to tell me after I told him he'll always be my lil guy no matter how old he is.

Adam became my son at the age of 4. He's a fun loving, rambunctious little bugger who loves life. He could barely contain himself...throwing everything he had into everything he did. He was a little chatter box who loved to talk to people. Whenever there was a question to be asked of a stranger, we'd say, "Hey Adam...go ask that guy if..." Before we could even finish he'd be running over, thrilled that he'd be able to talk to someone new.

We'd often come up with crazy jokes to play on people and get Adam to do the dirty work. One night we were out to dinner having sushi when my hubby spotted a guy from work Loren, sitting at the sushi bar. He didn't see us so we came up with an idea to have Adam walk up to him, call out his name, stand there looking at him making this crazy noise that he liked to make -MMMmmmMMMmmmMMM (in a high pitched up and down tone) while raising his eyebrows up and down. Then he turned & walked out of the restaurant. We were peaking over our booth trying not to laugh too loud. The guys face got beat red, he looked at his date, then back at Adam, while he continued to make the noise & face. It was hilarious! After Adam walked out of the restaurant, the guy was so freaked out by the whole thing, everyone was looking at him so he got up, face like a bright, over-ripe tomato, shrugging his shoulders he said, "What was that all about?" Then headed to the bathroom. Adam came back in & sat in our booth...all of us, along with most of the people in the restaurant were cracking up. When my hubby's friend came back out Anthony called him over & the guy started laughing, he said, "I was trying to figure out what just happened and why?"

That's our Adam...he loves attention & doesn't care how he looks.

He loved to climb EVERYTHING, usually falling off and then doing it all over again. One time we were looking all over the baseball park for him only to see him across the field at the very top of the baseball backstop. To the normal onlooker, it would seem that everyone in the family (kids included) were always yelling at Adam; but in reality we were trying to stifle our laughter while attempting to reprimand him. He always knows how to make you laugh. He just has this craziness about him that keeps a smile on your face.
Adam Making a Tackle
Adam & Girlfriend Carla

Today, as our little Adam turns 18, I'm just so grateful that the Lord put him in my life. I'm thankful for the person he is and the man he's become. He's truly a loving, kind, caring and special boy oops MAN!
My Lil Adam

Thank you Adam for the love, joy and laughter you bring into all of our lives. I love you and am honored to be your step-mom.


2 comments:

DUTA said...

What a handsome young man!
Happy 18th Birthday to Adam!

Anonymous said...

I love my fun, FUNNY Adam. He always brings a smile, and is so loving to his Grandma. How lucky am I to have him in MY life too! Happy Birthday, my "MAN" grandson! Big hugs....Grandma B