Sunday, April 1, 2012

Check Out These Nails!

While in Las Vegas last weekend watching my son compete, I went to sit down and did a double take. A mom had nails like nothing I'd ever seen in person. I'd seen other peoples pictures online before but to see them in person was a little shocking.

I'm usually not a very bold person but found myself so overcome with the urge to take a picture of them that I actually asked her if I could...(normally I would just try to sneak Imagine my surprise  and embarrassment when she said, "NO, you can't." I felt stupid, and just repeated, "Oh, I can't?" She laughed at me and said, "I'm just kidding!" Then held them up for me.

I took the shot and then sat down to discuss them (=needing more info on the nails for this post.) She's been growing them out for 17 years. I asked her if they've ever broken and she said, "Oh yeah, I just glue them back on."

I couldn't imagine trying to function in your everyday life with nails like that. I mean, I think you'd leave yourself handicapped. How do you even put your pants on, button your shirt, wash dishes, etc? I didn't have the courage to get that personal with I'll leave you with those thoughts too.

How about that for some nails?


Elpi Chan said...

Your blog is so cool!

Pleae tell me your opinion and do you want follow each other?

Kisses Elpi xx

QT said...


Dixie Mom said...

I can't even imagine. I'm going to have nightmares now.