Monday, November 9, 2009

Check This Out...

We woke up on Friday morning at 1:30 a.m. to head over to the high school to decorate for the traditional Edison vs. Fountain Valley Bell game. I've never been able to participate in prior years because I couldn't get off of work. I was finally able to this year. I have to tell you it's A LOT of work but it is worth it! The entire school is completely covered...even the sidewalk. Here's some pics~














Normally I wouldn't have a problem, but half way through it my back was KILLING me. I had to wear that stupid boot since I broke my foot and a tennis shoe on the other foot. I was totally lopsided...which I didn't even think about at the time. But three hours into it I was DYING! I felt like an old person...I was hobbling around holding my back.

Everyone went out to breakfast afterwards, but not me...I went home took four Advil & went to sleep. I was planning on waking up to go to the pep rally, but I was passed out. I finally woke up at 2:00 p.m. My back was still ridiculous...I started to get ready for the game, took more Advil and with total dread, put on that stupid boot. I'm over that thing!!

The good news is we beat Fountain Valley, no we KILLED them...it wasn't even a contest. Funny because it was televised and hyped up so much. We were both 8-0, with the winner basically sealing the championship. So it looks like we will be the #1 seed heading into CIF Championships in two weeks.

My back is feeling better too...just can't wait to be done wearing this boot. Next year I will make sure I'm not such a clutz so I can enjoy it a little more!

WAY TO GO EDISON!!

6 comments:

April said...

Wow! I can't believe what a good job you guys did! How fun! That stinks about your back though. Ouch! I hope it's feeling better now and I'm glad that you still got to go to the game! Good job Lijey and Adam! Love ya!
P.S. I finally updated my blog again!

Miss Dot said...

Those decorations are SPECTACULAR!! I was a cheerleader in high school and I would have LOVED to show school spirit like that before a big game! I'll bet it was all that school love that contributed to the AWESOME WIN!!

**dropping by from SITS**

♥Miss Dot :)

Unknown said...

You guys mean business on your decorations!! We had our playoff game last night...we lost. Such a bummer to be undefeated our first year and then to lose the playoff game to a team we had already beat earlier.
Our decorations weren't as good as yours...maybe that was our problem!!

Lana said...

What neat pictures!!!

I was just coming over to thank you for making my SIT's Day special!

Blessings to you,

Lana @ www.ilovemy5kids.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

That looks like a blast. I'm sorry to hear your back was hurting but it is understandable - that was a lot of work.

Maria said...

Loved the pics Lisa! Nice post as usual!