Friday, July 16, 2010

Today Is the Big Day!

So today is the BIG day. Natascha is getting married to her boyfriend of 6 years.

As the step-mom part of the wedding process is finding the perfect dress, shoes, & accessories. I need to look conservative but not frumpy. I must've tried on 30 dresses before I picked this one. Besides two ladies who were trying clothes on in the dressing room were ranting over how good it looked on me. This was the only one they said anything about so this was the winner!

Dress-London Times (found at Ross)
It's fitted & looks better on!

I normally would NEVER where ruffles (kind of a tomboy) but the minute I put it on it just fit perfect & the color was suttle enough not to clash with her mom & mother-in-laws dresses.

The nightmare of the whole process was finding the perfect shoes. I can't get anything "too high" because my husband is my exact same height & he hates when I tower over him. So 10 stores later (no, I'm not even exaggerating) I finally found these:

Nine West found at DSW


accessories- forever 21 of course!
What do you think...earrings on the left or necklace & earrings on the right?

Still debating on which one to go with, but I did find the PERFECT nail color to go with it!

Nail Color: Wet n Wild new shade-231 Shield/Bouchlier
Sorry about the foot pic-couldn't get the same effect of how cool the color is by just a bottle shot.

I woke up early this morning, excited for Tasha & her day. I looked out the window to see what the weather was like and found this-


I thought, "How perfect is that, a double rainbow on her wedding day!" The rainbows seemed to come together as one at the bottom. What a beautiful symbolism of this momentous day!

Here are some pictures from the dress rehearsal.



Look at the love on his face...Priceless!


Well I'm off to get ready!

CONGRATULATIONS NATASCHA & JEREMY!

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

6 comments:

drollgirl said...

ooooh, those shoes are gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

everything looks perfect! ....congrats on your step daughter's wedding and I can't wait to see the whole outfit pulled together in the photos ..so take lots!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the photos!
Love that dress and the shoes. I'm a fan of the earrings on the left!

StacyB said...

Decisions...decisions ~ you did great and looked beautiful as always. What a wonderful wedding and reception. Congrats to Tascha & Jeremy. I know you both are so proud of their accomplishments. I love you all. p.s. If you post horrifying pics of me, I will beat you!!! Lol

linda-mari said...

What a gorgeous dress!!
http://www.linda-mari.com

Anonymous said...

gorgeous dress! Love it! x