Friday, July 30, 2010

WHEW...Breathe

Breathe...

Okay, so I feel like I've been on fast forward ever since I got back from vacation. It sure is hard trying to get back into the swing of things again, not to mention having to drive to LA two days in a row to take Jullien to castings before he heads back to NY.

On Monday I got a bit of bad news. I'm an independent contractor & I work for an accountant on Mondays & a Commercial Real Estate Development Co., Tuesday-Friday. When I walked in my boss told me that she had lost hours on one of her BIG clients so she longer needed me.

SIGH...

Breathe...

At first my brain was spinning, trying to think of what to do to make up the $$.

Then after praying...I felt at peace. The first thought that came into my mind was "When one door closes, another one opens." This has been true my entire life.

Then my next thought was, maybe this is happening so I can use that day to finish my book, (which I've set a goal to have it done by Dec.) but with my schedule, there's no way I could've ever accomplished that.

We'll buckle down even tighter on the $$ and make it work, and I'll bust my butt to spend Mondays ONLY on writing!

WHEW...Breathe...Blessings come in all kinds of disguises!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wheez, I'm so sorry about the loss of your job, but I so love your attitude! Something will work out, I just know it. You're an inspiration, and I love you! Mommy

Nelda said...

Loved it here! Good luck with your work.

Lisa Petrarca said...

THANKS MOM! LOVE U!!!!

DUTA said...

Sorry for the loss of your Monday work. It's only for the better (you'll be able to finish the book).
Breathe..deep breathing is always helpful.

Lucy said...

You will do well. You have the right attitude. I did a lot of soul searching yesterday after a visit with my Doctor and finally felt at peace with the out come. I have packed a lot into my 80 years. You have been very busy but things will settle down now.

joana said...

You're SO sweet ! I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Perhaps you'll be more lucky in the end!