Tuesday, May 12, 2009

American Idol-Who Goes Home 5-13-09

Let me start by saying that I am not one of those ladies who cries easily. However, tonight after listening to Danny Gokey sing, "You Are So Beautiful," by Joe Cocker. It was very weird but I started tearing up. I just kept picturing him singing to his wife who passed away. His voice was amazing, so full of emotion and passion.

Kris Allen did great on his second song, "Heartless," by Kayne West. It was a completely original version of the song. I enjoyed it and agreed with the judges that it put him back in the competition. His first song however was very karaoke (yikes...I sound like the judges!)

Adam Lambert sang, "One" by U2. We all know Adam can sing...but I didn't like this version very much...he seemed to be screaming too much and at one point even stuck out his tongue. I wish he had kept it slow throughout the song. I did enjoy his second song, "Crying," by Aerosmith. I'm sure Steven Tyler would have been proud of Adam's performance...maybe they'll do a duet!

So who goes home? This is a very tough decision for me tonight because they all had great second performances...but I think Kris Allen should go home. I know Kris has a huge fan base, but if it is a SINGING competition, Danny and Adam have stronger voices.

Let me know how you feel?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go back to your DVR, fast forward to just the singing parts (can do all 6 songs in about 8 mins) and just listen ... do not watch the TV. Then tell me who is better singer; Kris wins hands down over Danny. I've done this the past 2 weeks after watching the escapades (called the show) and listening to the judges, etc. But if you just listen to the singing, Kris is excellent. Heartless was astounding. Way better than You are so beautiful ... Danny was off in the beginning. It got better as it went along, but my prediction is that Kris will out sell him 3 to 1 when they actually get to making & selling recordings.

~Trish~ said...

I do the same thing, DVR it and just watch the singing. The judges annoy me at this point hahaha! I hope Danny is safe :)