Thursday, March 17, 2011

Celebrate Good Times-C'mon


Josh & his girlfriend Charmaine-celebrating his graduation

Today I took my oldest son, Josh & his girlfriend, Charmaine out to lunch to celebrate his graduation. He officially graduated cosmetology school. He's finally done & I'm proud of him for sticking with it...even when he felt like giving up.

That's one thing I've always tried to instill in my kids, "NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER QUIT! FINISH WHAT YOU START!"

I didn't live those words because I was always afraid of failure. I usually wouldn't even attempt things or if I did, I wouldn't finish what I started. The fear of failure and/or rejection was overbearing...stifling me.

So I just stayed in my comfort zone.

I'm so glad that I've been able to encourage my kids to push through the difficulties & even when they got fearful, they learned to step out in faith and "DO IT AFRAID, BUT JUST DO IT!"

So right now I'm singing...

There's a party going on right here a celebration to last throughout the years. So bring your good times and your laughter too we're gonna celebrate your party with you
Come on now (C e l e b r a t i o n) let's all celebrate and have a good time.
(C e l e b r a t i o n)
We're gonna have a good time tonight let's celebrate, it's alright.

Congrats JOSHY!

4 comments:

April said...

Yay Joshy!!! Tell him congrats for me! I was sad I didn't get to see him when he came up here. Tell him he has to stay til Monday next time, so he can have dinner with the fam!

Unknown said...

That's great news! Congrats for sticking to it!

Lucy said...

I love your blog and especially when I found out that someone else worries about failing, but you not only have beauty but brains, and a spiritual side.

The Photodiarist said...

Great news. What's he going to do with his degree?