Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Making Changes

I've been working on my book for over a year, but still find ways to put off finishing it. It's in the final stages, but for some reason, I just can't get myself to sit down & type it up. I guess I'm old school, I don't have a laptop & prefer to write in a tablet, cross out, re-write, form thoughts & then try to piece it together when I finally type it up later.

Well, it's now later...& I don't want to type!

It seems never ending. My blogging is a quick fix (thought~type~pictures~post)...quick easy & satisfying.

My book, while satisfying during the writing, creative phase, not so much during the organizational part (not my strength...one walk into my bedroom would prove it!)

Now I've gotten to the point where a change needs to be made. The solution, putting self- imposed restrictions on myself: NO BLOG POSTING UNLESS I TYPE ONE PAGE OF MY BOOK.

That's where you all come in, when you see a post, periodically ask me how my typing's going? Between me & you...maybe I can finally accomplish my dream! Thanks for the support~Lord knows I need it!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it! Type it up!

Phivos Nicolaides said...

I can totally understand you because I have the same problem!

Lucy said...

Just keep on typing, and think how good it will be when it is done.

Mommy4Life said...

You can do it or you can outsource it and have someone type it up for you. I am sort of the same boat as you. Been writing my book off and on for a little over a year but I have three kids who constantly busy so I write when I can but I ghost write for people, I am an editor, and type up written documents for people. It gives me some extra money for whatever. You don't have to use me but you can always outsource it and pay someone to do it. It really doesn't cost as much as you would think. Different people do it for different prices. A lot of people write it in a notebook and then outsource because they don't like typing. I do it for more the fun of it reading stories. I don't know anyone else personally who does it but I am sure you can search on Google. If you need any help let me know. Keep up the good work lady.